Wednesday, 6 June 2007

Results

I hope all of you have looked at my graphs, some interesting results in there!

I was surprised to see that the chlorine results were negative for all the waters except tap. This shows that a filter decreases the amount of chlorine.

The pH was interesting too. They ranged from 6.4 to 7.4! The healthy state for drinking water is 7.0. None of our waters were exactly that.

Over the weekend I will test the breathing rate of the bacteria.

Please comment and tell me what I can improve on.

3 comments:

Gail said...

I think that your work is amazing. I was interested to see the results of copper levels in the water. Besides the H2Go and one other,the levels of copper seemed quite high - Is this usual? Is this bad for you?
At this stage of the testing, what would your choice of drinking water be? I know which one I would choose looking at your results so far. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to seeing your results on bacteria testing.

Ian Fox said...

Congratulations Cheyenne on your Science Fair work. You have ben very creative in the way in which you have choses to present your work.You have really worked hard to ensure you have a strong focus on your science experiments while alos looking at how you could ensure your work was 'out there' for all those who may be interested in your findings. What a way to share your work! I am sure many other people interested in science would find your work of great interest. Congratulations and well done.

Mr Fox

Ian Fox said...

Woops! I can see I have learned a lesson here also. I do need to check my work for typing errors before I hit the publish button! I will remember to hit to preview button before I publish next time. (Sorry about the errors!)